Tuesday, September 22, 2009

9/22/09 Retro Show # 2 "Technotronic by Pump Up the Jam!"



Download the 5 minute clip right here http://www.divshare.com/download/8607887-137

On this week's show, we played nothing but dance songs. Media and film student Umar Malik stopped by the studio again. It is official, he is my permanent guest. Umar told me about calling ESPN only to be directed to a phone sex hotline. He also told me about his weekend which consisted of seeing Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs in Imax 3D and eating at P.F. Chang's, which led us to talk about how awful chain restaurants are. I told him I saw the last hour of this new Bollywood film called Wanted and it was spectacular and filled with over the top violence and cheesy acting. I told him how I needed the see the first 1 hour and a half because the last hour was immensely entertaining. I also conducted a fake interview with Umar as Hollywood superstar Clive Owen. I told Clive to tell us a little bit about his new film, to which he had no idea he was even in a new film. I told him to request a song and he requested Pump Up the Jam by Technotronic which he insisted was called Technotronic by Pump Up the Jam.

Songs Played

Born To Be Alive - Patrick Hernandez
You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) - Sylvester
Jungle Boogie - Kool and the Gang
Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic
The Rhythm of the Night - Corona
Mr. Vain - Culture Beat
Be My Lover - La Bouche
Beautiful Life - Ace of Base
Another Night - Real McCoy

No comments:

Post a Comment